18/02/2009

A meal for her Collection

I was a sea shell collector in my youth. I collected large milo tins of various sea shells and when i was in my 20s, my island hopping trips like Langkawi, Phuket and Tioman made my collections bigger. I even bought big sea shells that had been varnished from vendors and wanted to dressed up my home with these shells cemented on the wall. However when I had both my daughters, I decided to throw them away for hygiene purpose. It was quite a shame to do that.

My eldest daughter now loves sea shells. And she would probably have loved my collections so she really has to start her own collection. In Singapore, we hardly could find shells on the beach. And what made it worst was a request from her art teacher to bring shells to school for art..

So what did I do? I went to the local market and bought a mixture of clams and shellfish! hehehe What can I do? I can't get them if we do not have the time to go island hopping right?

See, we cooked a variety of Chilly Tomato Clams and Shellfish... had a good meal then wash, soak and clean the shells for her...Good Idea?

6 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

gee! cant wait for my kids to have to bring some shells to school. That dish looked super delicious!

Reanaclaire said...

hhhmmm...i love lala... i remember last time while we were young, we used to play with it..see which shell is stronger...

oh btw, my main purpose here is to tell u to receive a best mama award from my blog..hope u dont refuse my sum yee...ok? u r one of the best mama-s ...

Mom Knows Everything said...

My daughter loved seashells when she was little also.

Family First said...

Now it makes me wonder where is my entire collection of stamps I had .. think I gave it away but cant recall to who!

Anonymous said...

aiyoh i m not very interested in shell collection but hor your chili tomato clams made drool lah.... i am not good at cooking shell but love it :D

Jipunabor

Anonymous said...

hmm, I love lala too :)