06/06/2008

Miku From Penang

Pic Above: Frozen Miku from Penang

Apart from Tau Sar Phneah that I brought back from Penang, my mom ordered some Miku for me. It had been years since i've had Miku and i do miss it. She ordered from a shop at Penang Road, just doors away from the Ong Kongsi. She told me that place had been selling Miku for many years and many of her friends and my sis' friends will book their mikus in advance for collection to bring to other states in KL.

Mom ordered 5 pairs for me to take to KL of which 3 pairs were for sis. I actually wanted only a pair as I wasn't sure if it will spoil when I bring it back to Sg. But Sis and Mum says I can freeze it and then when I want to eat it, just steam it over the boiler, it should be fine. That got me salivating. When I got back to Sg, I made sure I had my 'Cold Storage' butter (SCS, actually) all nicely cut up into those think coffeeshop toast type. That will be so yummy on my warm steamed miku bread.

7 comments:

Kimmy Suzuki said...

The Miku look so nice!I dun makan but miss it!hehehe...

jepunlauee said...

Yummy..yummy..I didn't know that miku can be frozen...I will write it down in mmy shopping list when I balik kampong next time...
I love to eat miku fried with eaggs..like french toast.

Anonymous said...

oh this miku picture brings back a lot of memory lah... so nice to see something that we havent seen for long time :)

Jipunabor

Sue said...

wAH YOu are back!!

Joze Foo said...

the shop is Hoe Peng famous its Miku and Sien Tou.... Never try miku with butter before...Usually we will fried it with egg

Tau Sar Phneah said...

wahhhh..i love miku..especially steam then sapu with butter...the butter will melt..yummy..

this shop very famous for its miku..old brand liao..need to do booking..cant get on site..(unless you lucky enough)..haha.

K3ViN said...

Miku...... haha never try eat it b4 :P must try one day :P