13/08/2008

Rae Shows How To Bake A Cake

I wrote a post about a special Monday, 11th of August in my other blog.

On that very day was also my helper's birthday. She is also a Leo and born on that very day. We have been celebrating her birthday with her since she had been with us 4 years ago. Most of the time, we would buy a small cake and celebrate. But this year, Rae wanted to bake one for her. I told Rae that perhaps she can try a half recipe. And because I wanted her to learn from scratch, I told her that she better use a whisk to get an idea about baking cakes.

I gave her a recipe and Rae started in the morning as soon as she had breakfast. She was so enthusiastic because it was her first time baking a cake by herself. I've got pictures to show. Check them out!

Step 1















First, you beat the butter and sugar. Make sure it becomes a pale colour.. Faster and faster like spinning a top!


Step 2















Then you add the egg yolks, one at a time, beat them further and mix them well. Add in the vanilla essence and give it a good mix too.


Step 3















Next step would be to sieve your flour and mix them well in the other bowl. I used a cup of Self Raising Flour and and equal amount of Plain Flour. Once you are done, fold it in the butter and egg mixture. Make sure you fold it in and not beat nor whisk it.


Step 4















Lastly pour your batter into a greased pan and decorate it like what I do here.. lots of colour, and lots of chocolate chips.. yum yum yum..(Lea eyeing the chocolate chips in the background) Bake it in the oven at moderate temperature about 20 minutes. Mine took a little longer because the pan is slightly thicker. Stick a toothpick in it. If it comes out clean, it's done!



My Masterpiece! Does it look good? It smells great!

Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, baker's man.
Bake me a cake as fast as you can.
Pat it and roll it and mark it with "K"
And put it in the oven for Kakak and me.


1 comments:

tigerfish said...

Rae is a budding baker! She sure bakes better than me! Ha, I only enjoy cooking, not baking :P