03/04/2008

APRIL FOOL'S DAY JOKE IS CHILDISH

Did any of you played practical joke on April Fool's Day recently? I'm sure many of you would have done so when you were young. It must have been fun playing a joke on your friends or family. Some jokes can be funny but some jokes are really not practical and should be scrutinized. If it is harmless, I am sure it would be alright to look at it and have a good laugh but what if such joke could cost you something important? Before one undertakes such a joke has that person ever considered if it could be something that could affect the person greatly?

I had one joke which I don't really regard as funny at all. If you are MSN users, perhaps you may be alerted of a virus that has been going on among users. Click on it and it infects your pc, thus disable some functions for use. Not sure if it was meant as a joke I received it few days ago. As I was in the middle of a chat and a job, I had accidentally clicked on it and cost me more than what I bargained for. It was a swift response that was too late. Immediately I quit my messenger because I didn't want to infect the whole list of friends on MSN. It cost me a whole day of deleting all my files, precious time, and reinstalling of softwares plus surfing of websites for anti virus programs. I felt that it was such a childish move and until today I have no idea if my pc is infected. I lost important jobs on that day and it was really an irresponsible game that should be scrutinized. Also the computer does not belong to me so how do I explain for all the change in program I had deleted just so that I do not infect other friends' PC? My reaction to this would be totally PISSED OFF! Please grow up and DO NOT PLAY SUCH A PRANK.

WOULD YOU PLAY SUCH A JOKE ON A FRIEND?



Digg!

0 comments: