08/01/2008

Saba Fish - A Mackeral Family

Frozen Saba from the Supermarket

Any of you ever cooked Saba Fish at home? I love to buy the frozen ones and pan fry or grill them at home. Just marinate the fish with Salt and Pepper. For variety, you can marinate with Teriyaki marinade or dust with some Tumeric powder. The result is just delicious. I usually just do the simple one with Salt and Pepper (add some ginger slice when marinating) and using the oil, I'd fry some onions, and add teriyaki sauce. Then pour over the fish or separate as a dip.


Grilled of Pan-fried Saba

Saba fish belongs to the Mackeral family, if not mistaken. Just like the local Kembung and Selar. It goes great with Nasi Lemak too. You can find this in most Japanese restaurants, or Korean ones too.




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiya, why you remind me of nasi lemak?? I'm here in Hong Kong and can't enjoy good nasi lemak-lah. So sad! :(
Anyway, you are already in my blogroll - under C.

David (AKK) said...

oh... Japanese style of "Ikan Bakar"... seems delicious oh :p

Anonymous said...

I will try to make it one day. Hehehe! I miss the Penang nasi lemak with the fried asam fish in it! Hopefully Saba could replace that!

Constance Chan said...

hahahha all drool ka.. u can actually use assam to marinate too cos it is similar to kembung. but best thing is that it has less bones if u get the frozen ones. u can coat with a bit of flour to make it crispy..

it is really delicious with nasi lemak, trust me.. the famous one in Clementi Road has in their selection.

Joze Foo said...

i am not a fishy person la...but this picture do make me hungry...

Tau Sar Phneah said...

i want to eat eat eat...

Eddie Wong said...

ah hoon...when can u make it and send to me???? i like this lar.
kekekekeke

Constance Chan said...

eddie, joze and tsp, i can make it anytime. just come visit me nia..lol