07/01/2008

Solo Papayas


I went to the Supermarket last week, hoping to buy some fruits. I haven't bought Papayas for a long long time, because they aren't a favourite in my family. I remembered Papayas as a very cheap fruit because it grows just about any where if the seeds are just thrown on some soil. My mum used to grow them just outside the garage gates as some shades for some plants outside. They grow fast too.


But seems like those were the days. The papayas I saw at the Supermarket, were more expensive than the mangoes I bought. Small Solo Papayas cost $2.90 each! These ones are so small - probably is good for one or two servings only. Is it really so expensive everywhere else?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! You'll be surprised how much papayas cost these days. The imported ones, especially.

Eddie Wong said...

papaya is my fav...i like to put some lime on top. it taste really good..........

Tau Sar Phneah said...

yea..hoon mum..papaya these days..omg...cost so much..especially in uk..nt the local ones...but the imported ones from brazil and other tropical countries...

Constance Chan said...

wow.. so they are really expensive..

Kikey Loo said...

seen i'm in US, i have one year dun eat papaya liao, cos my host family never buy papaya..

Anonymous said...

ha..hee... the price of papaya this day especially imported one. I here in the states the imported one is expensive too.
I remember my parent house last time have also papaya tree i think it look the same. Some time people come and curi the papaya. Now no more liau. cut down.

David (AKK) said...

Hmm... the price you stated not that cheap oh... Import fruits always expensive one... like durian in Japan... macam eat "gold"...