13/09/2008

Do You Remembered These Baskets


With all that mooncakes in those fancy boxes and multi flavours, has anyone forgotten about the traditional piggy biscuits in the baskets? I know they don't have fillings and are mostly plain but they are my favourite! When I was younger, my aunt used to buy these for my sister and I. Also, whenever you purchase mooncakes, they will also give one as a gift for every box you buy. My mom used to buy some boxes for friends and relatives and it comes with these cute baskets with piggy mooncakes inside. I dunno what we used the baskets for but they sure bring back sweet memories! They do come in many colours. These are part of the gifts we received with our mooncakes.

My kids doesn't seem to be interested in these, so much difference from out time!

9 comments:

JK said...

I remember and I think my children love this.

Unknown said...

Oh yes...i do. Reminded me of me when i was small. Mom used to buy those for me every year without fail.

Anonymous said...

Eh char bor, you didnt blog about this piggy... I also almost forget that this exist. I didn,t see any this year.

Reanaclaire said...

yes, i remember those.. chu chai something.. actually i dont really like to eat..it sticks to my teeth all the time..haha...

Mom Knows Everything said...

Are those a candy or a cake/cookie in them?

Constance Chan said...

jo-n - you must get them for your kids. they have it every year during mooncake season

nancy - yes, they bring back memories,don't they? of our childhood.

suesue - You mean this year not on sale? hmm wierd. maybe because of the rising flour prices and fuel? they costs about 50cents to 80cents each here in sg.

reanaclaire - yes yes it sticks to the teeth.. but i loved it..hahaha can always find 'supper' after eating it a while.


tammy - it's actually a bit of biscuit in the basket. it tastes somewhat like those chewy cookie but it's just plain and shaped like a little piggy. they are usually sold during the mid autumn durign the chinese 8th month.. like currently end aug to end sept is considered mid autumn season. it's like a traditional cookie like what gingerbread cookie is popular during christmas.

Anonymous said...

aiyoh Hoon, i miss this one really, ya is it plain but i think is the best i like of all, my mom used to buy this for us kids when were young... very comforting just looking at the pic :)

Jipunabor

Dragon said...

oh my god..... i long time never see this! we used to sell that in my shop last time when i was small. that time, one basket with the mooncake sold at 50 cents, if i am not mistaken. now, sure your girls will not interested la. kids now are different if compare to us.

Joze Foo said...

i like this too~`