09/09/2008

Girls' Clothes Guide

My two girls are really fussy about the clothes they wear. They are growing up to be little ladies with their own mind and whenever I bring them out for a shopping trip, they will argue about what kind of clothes they prefer. My elder one loves all the girly spaghetti straps and the halter necks. I prefer to dress them in very simple designs and pastel colours but she loves bright colours, especially all shades of pink. Sometimes I think her mix and match of clothing gives me a little bit of headache when she tries to pair a colourful top full of patterns with a pair of skirt or pants.

Several close friends who attempted to buy clothings for my two girls have asked me how to get clothes that fits them. To me, I would normally advise them to get a size bigger to be on the safe side as sometimes kids grow really fast. The clothes they wear several months ago can turn out tight or shorter in a short span of time. My younger girl does not feel comfortable wearing shorts outside. She thinks it is inappropriate and she is only 4 years old. I buy her mostly long trousers and skirts to match her many cartoon tops she has. She loves characters like Dora the Explorer.

I would also give them a link to a website that guides shoppers what to look for when shopping for girls. It gives you a general guide about size information and also based on age and heights. If you find that it is too general you can read more from the casual clothing for girls buying guide, where they even advice you on tops, bottoms and sports wears. I find it very informative and detailed.

3 comments:

stay-at-home mum said...

I guess kids are all the same. My almost 4y/o daughter loves wearing pink, and will not wear shorts going out too! Only dresses. My 12 y/o will only wear jeans and tees. But fortunately, when it is a formal dinner that we go to, she will oblige me by wearing a nice "party" dress.

Administrator said...

at such a tender age, they have alrady become fashion guru...my 4 y/o loves pink...pink shoes, pink scooter..pink earaser..pink bag...you name it...:(

Constance Chan said...

yes agree agree.. my girls also pick everything PINK! lucky my younger one still can live with purple since she loves Barney...

everyday see the same colour ppl might think never change clothes