17/09/2008

Singapore Style Bak Kut Teh

Bak Kut Teh is my family's favourite meal. Ah Boy hunts for his favourite Bak Kut Teh in the weekends. When he doesn't do that, we will cook it at home. In the weekday, we also cook that for Rae's lunch one day in the week. She loves it. I've tried to cook the herbal type for her before but she doesn't like it. She thinks the herbal ones tastes slightly bitter. So I usually buy this one for home cooking. This one is nice, and very faint herbal taste. It's more of a peppery flavour and is Rae's favourite. A pack of this costs $1.80 in Singapore. There was a time when they were on offer and I bought 6 packs at one go. That's as good as a pack free! hahaha

Seah's Bak Kut Teh


Add mushrooms (button and enoki)


I just bought two packs this morning at the supermarket, and some prime rib cut for that. Here is a picture of our home cooked Bak Kut Teh we cooked last week, with button and enoki mushrooms.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the darker bak kut teh wo....not like this type.