19/09/2008

Makes Perfect Half Boiled Eggs!



I have been trying to get my maid to make the perfect half boiled egg. And it never comes out perfect. Sometimes the egg is too small, too big, not in room temperature or the egg is out from the fridge.

I tried the old fashioned way of covering the eggs in water, pour it out and add hot water again and cover for about 10minutes. Yet it doesn't come out right. I like my egg whites opaque and not too runny. Do you have the perfect method for half boiled eggs?

So to make things easier, I bought this Half Boiled Egg maker. All you need is to put the eggs (up to 4 nos) in the container. When the water is boiling hot, pour into it according to the measurement line (1, 2, 3, 4 lines equal nos of egg). When the water drips down completely, that means the eggs are ready. Easy Peasy!

8 comments:

Yan said...

I have one of such device too. But store that away. Must take it out again :)

Anonymous said...

me too have it but seldom use it too wo. but your design is very much nicer. and the colour is so nice - pink leh!!

Dragon said...

i have this when i was small. those stall which is selling the bread and egg for breakfast is using this as well.

Joze Foo said...

this method is easier... the was a time my cousin ask me to make them a half boiled egg... i ended making them full boiled egg...lol

jepunlauee said...

I have one like this too,but lazy to use it..haha..

Anonymous said...

wah.. yours so modern looking. Mine is the kopitiam style one.. yellow colour one heheheheh

Anonymous said...

xcuse me..can someone tell me where to buy this gadget?....am looking for it.....thanx

Constance Chan said...

you can get this in departmental stores that sells kitchen wares. i got mine from Giant Hypermart.