25/09/2008

Getting A Good Grip Finally

Can you imagine how bad the state of my tennis racquets have become? The overgrips were all coming out and sticking to my hands. hahaha. Certainly they neeed to be re-wrapped! Lazy ol me, I still can play tennis with them in the past weeks, not bothering with it until end of the game, I just give my hands a good scrub.


Peeling off, then it sticks to your hands,
to your face - if you wipe your face..lol





Rae's racquet has Roger Federer's face and
signature on the cover. Nice?




Okay Okay, so I thought I better go and do something. Especially last week when the state of my girl's junior racquet was also coming off! It was just hilarious. Rae places tissue on the racquets and it becomes shredded after a few hits. She then rubs her face, scratches hands or knees and you see her looking like a black monkey end of the game! See this mommy.. let the kids suffer this helpless situation.

So yesterday, I dropped by Royal Sporting House at the last hour when they were about to close and pick the Overgrips for racquets. The cheapest with 3 grips straps cost $7.20 only. Some of them had only one but I have to wrap 4 racquets, so I thought I shall pick 3 that needed to be wrapped first.



4 Racquets, 3 Overgrips. Pick which 3?




This afternoon, I started to take off the old ones. It was really yucky and I have pictures to show...LOL look how my hands become after the end of the process! It took about 10 minutes scrubbing with a scouring pad...




The process of banding the grips.




Yucky hands! Would you gladly shake this hand if I win the match? LOL



All looking nice and clean. No more patches!
But I didn't do a great job at the final part.
My hands were all yucky and it was difficult to band it.

13 comments:

Purpled Sky said...

LOL!

if you were federer, i won't mind shaking the yucky hands :-))

Mom Knows Everything said...

Looks like a messy job, but you did a good job on it. I'd still shake your hand. ;o)

Kikey Loo said...

wah, u know how to fix it, good job! :)

amycheah said...

wow, after "touch up", it turns to be so nice huh !good job...

Family First said...

the tennis playing family! wow! maria sharapova and nadal juniors in the making? i love tennis too! i dont play but this is the only show or game that can make me glued to the tv.

Anonymous said...

well done, all look very nice now, hehe...
wow, your kids also join the tennis, thumbs up!

Mummy Gwen said...

They look like brand new now. Good job mommy. :)

Joze Foo said...

Mine oso need a new grip.... but do i still have it...izzit still at the top cupboard? Can't remember.. I bought the racquet to learn tennis back in high school. But didnt take it seriously and jus threw my racquet up the top cupboard...

Administrator said...

wow...really sporty heh...i could never imagine myself doing it...

jepunlauee said...

wah..really envy you..can still play tennis..I now batminton also dunno can hit bo...haha..

Anonymous said...

You can come do mine...lol expert liao

Unknown said...

Yucks...but if u are famous I would not mind even if u rub ur hand on my face. Would probably not wash off the yucks. LOL anyway u did a good job.

Xiao-Kia said...

If you put your racket long time not use, it will become like this. All my racket also same. Even you purchase expensive rib also same eh.