18/03/2008

Wives Biscuits




Ah Boy brought back these Wives Biscuits the other day. I've tried a few variety before but I'm not a fan. I dislike when the sticky filling inside gets overly sweet. I'm more of a tau sar pneah fan, preferring the saltish savourish taste. However, these ones that I tried were different from the usual ones I've tried. They were very soft, and less sweet.

The pastry was very delicate and will crumble when touched. I cannot read the Chinese Words on the Box so I have no information about these brand at all. Thinking about these, I have my saliva drooling already, but not about wives biscuits. More about the home grown tau sar pneahs and beh teh saw from Penang. And also a famous Cintra Street pastry - like those kueh bahlu but only richer and larger. Penangites call it Keh Nooi Koe.




Digg!

3 comments:

Kikey Loo said...

izzit from Hong Kong one?

Constance Chan said...

yes, kikkey. from Hong Kong one.

Joze Foo said...

i oso dun like this wive biscuit...to me is taste something like "pong pia". I prefer beh tah saw and tau sar pia too.