11/03/2008

No Phototaking Allowed


Remember a week ago when I frequented the Pasar Malam? Well I was snapping happily at the stalls that lined up when I received a rude shock from a lady at one of the stalls. Still I managed to take the shot of the stall, before she defendsively stood in front of me and said in a stern voice ' pu ke yi pai! pu ke yi pai!' In Mandarin, she said I wasn't allowed to take the shots of her stall. Which I already did, before her hand cupped my handphone camera..

What do you think why she disallow me to do it.. Actually I think she was selling some goods that probably infringe some copyright.. or something. Well her stall had some nice things that my girls love and I also bought 2 umbrellas and a little bag from her other worker. It didn't bother me but she was there to make sure I didn't take any photos.. hahaha

Can you guess what were the stuff she sold that I am not allowed to take shots? If she could bravely do a business here, what is she afraid of? hmmmm... This pasar malam usually stays at a designated place for minimum 3 days to a week or more. This one stayed for about a week, after which they pack up and head on to another destination to display their goods.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe all her products are those imitation goods tat is why she don't allowed you to snap a pic.

Zooropa said...

She scared that u send d pix to d local authority dpt then she'll go backpack already!

Dora:)

Constance Chan said...

hahahah... i think that is the case. cos they have some products like disney too... maybe these are not the real disney products officially sold in malls?

Bravespirit said...

I agree, that store is sure to have pirated stuff! We also have a lot of those in the Philippines. Here we call it "Tiangge" or midnight sale where vendors would sell for a certain period then move to another place.